Bilkent University School of English Language, Faculty Academic English Program is seeking highly qualified instructors of credit-bearing first-year English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses for the 2012-2013 academic year.
These are non-tenure track positions with an initial contract of two years, renewable annually upon mutual agreement.
Successful applicants are expected to use an interactive teaching style that promotes critical thinking.
Instructors are required to teach three classes each semester (15 contact hours per week).
In their first semester each instructor teaches English 101. The FAE Program also offers English 102 and other more advanced EAP courses, which instructors may teach in following semesters. English 101 and 102 aim at building academic English language skills through content-based instruction (CBI).
These courses require students to read and analyze academic texts, plan and compose academic essays, engage in independent research projects, plan and deliver oral presentations, participate in academic discussions, develop their language and skills proficiency as learners of a foreign language, and improve their critical thinking ability.
More detailed information about these courses can be found: here
Application Procedure: Applicants who meet the required qualifications are requested to submit a BUSEL application form together with a JPEG photo.
All applications will be kept confidential. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the vacancies are filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
1. Download application form here
2. Upload your CV and photo to your profile.
Ideal candidates will have:
• a Master’s degree* in TEFL, TESOL, education, English, rhetoric and composition or a related field
• a minimum of two years relevant teaching experience at the university level experience in content-based course design and delivery
• background /interest in philosophy
• good interpersonal and organizational skills
• adaptability and flexibility
• experience in designing curricula and materials
• experience living abroad
*(Exceptionally qualified / experienced candidates without a Master’s degree may also be given consideration).
Contracts run from August 2013 through August 2015 with the opportunity to renew, subject to satisfactory performance.
Successful candidates will receive:
* an attractive employment package, with a two-year renewable contract;
* salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, quoted in US Dollars and Turkish Liras, with the option of transferring the dollar portion to home country;
* fully-furnished, rent-free private accommodation on campus (a fee is charged for utilities);
* residence permit, work visa, and airport transfer;
* airfare and baggage allowance at the beginning and end of contract;
* additional benefits such as, custom in-house Turkish language courses,
* University gym membership;
* Meal vouchers;
* private and state medical insurance cover
* A high quality University environment to further develop and practice teaching skills
* An induction programme to the University and school with your peer group
* An attractive employment package including rent-free private accommodation on/off campus, an attractive salary, private health insurance, flights and other benefits
* Career expanding opportunities in assessment, curriculum development, teacher training, or management
* Membership of a vibrant school community of some 300 international and local staff
* A top-notch library and electronic resources to support learning and career development
* Opportunities to live and travel in an exciting and diverse culture, one of the cradles of civilization
This is one of the most highly sought after teaching positions in universities in Ankara.
Additional Information: For additional information about Bilkent University, the School of English Language (BUSEL) and the Faculty Academic English (FAE) Program, please visit: